Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Eden Corn Festival?
The Eden Corn Festival is a four-day annual event in the Town of Eden. It is one of the largest and longest-running festivals in Western New York. The Festival attracts in excess of 100,000 people over the four days of the event.
Which area organizations benefit from the Festival?
Area Organizations that benefit from The Festival: Eden Fire Department, Eden American Legion Post #880, Eden Chamber of Commerce, Eden United Methodist Church, Eden Little Loop Football and Cheerleading, Eden Athletic Association, American Legion Ladies Auxiliary, East Eden Fire Department, Eden Trail Blazers Snowmobile Club, Boy Scout Troop #526, Eden All Sports Boosters, Eden Boys and Girls Club, Eden Police Club and Reserves, Sons of The American Legion, Model U.N., Eden North Collins Food Pantry.
The Festival is the major source of fund-raising and income for most of the above organizations.
Where is the Eden Corn Festival?
The festival is held on the American Legion Post 880 grounds on Legion Drive in Eden directly off Route US-62. See Directions for further details.
Who are your sponsors?
All sponsors can be found on the Sponsorship Page. Without the financial support of all these sponsors (big and small) it would financially impossible to operate this event.
What is the economic impact for the Town of Eden?
The Festival has an economic impact to the Town of Eden organizations and businesses in excess of $300,000 annually.
Bids for goods and services are offered to local businesses if applicable and awarded whenever possible. (Electrician, refuse removal, website, fuel, maintenance supplies, to name a few).
When is the Eden Corn Festival?
The Eden Corn Festival is always held the first full weekend in August.
Who is responsible for running the Eden Corn Festival?
The Festival is run by a 501 C-4, Not for Profit Social Fraternal Organization. Our Board of Directors members are 100% volunteer. They will put in over 1,400 hours of combined effort in the planning and operation of this year’s Festival. There are also over 50 direct volunteers, with over 300 people assisting with the various organizations. The Festival employs over 30 area youths for various maintenance duties the week of the event.
All revenues generated by The Eden Corn Festival Inc. are put back into the start-up for next year’s festival.
What is at the festival?
- The Midway has amusement rides, games, and food stands that are open all 4 days of the event.
- The craft show has on average 100-120 booths for people to visit and enjoy.
- 1Businesses participate in the 3 day Trade Fair
- The auto show has over 200 of the finest classic cars in the area and is one of the big hits of the festival.
- The Festival parade is over 1.5 miles long and has over 70 units in it ranging from marching units to floats to musical entertainment.
- Added in 2010, the Eden Agricultural and Community Showcase is a venue to promote what Eden is all about. This is a very informative exhibit and has grown each year since its inception.
How do you publicize the Festival and its events?
- 10,000 copies of the full color program sponsor book are distributed the week prior to the start of the festival as well as distributed during the festival.
- 20,000 copies of a full color, tri-fold schedule of events are distributed during June and July to many busineses and sponsors throughout the entire Western New York area.
- The event does get a lot of media coverage through radio, television, and newspaper. We also utilize Facebook and other ways to promote the event.
- Recent photos of the Festival have been submitted to the Empire State Development Group (at their request) for publication in the upcoming “I LOVE NY” guide and website.